We prepare students for the future by:
Challenging all students with a rigorous curriculum within a safe, healthy, and positive environment.
Teaching higher-order thinking skills.
Providing varied learning opportunities in and beyond the classroom.
Promoting good character.
Recognizing and respecting diversity.
To view the LHS School Improvement plan please click HERE.
21st Century Learning Expectations (Academic, Civic and Social)
Leicester High School Students will:
Problem solve effectively
Create original products
Use technology effectively
Exercise responsible citizenship
LHS Mission Statement:
Leicester High School provides a safe, positive, and respectful learning environment. Students develop commitment to improving self, community, and country. Challenging academics, along with co-curricular and support programs, assure that all students attain their goals, demonstrate higher order thinking skills, accept individual differences, and contribute to a diverse society.
Social Expectations: Students will:
1. Work as cooperative and independent learners.
2. Develop an awareness of personal responsibilities and accept consequences for their actions.
3. Appreciate the value of, and have the opportunity to participate in, all aspects of the school community, social as well as academic.
4. Understand the behaviors that lead to personal wellness.
Civic Expectations: Students will:
1. Make positive contributions to their school and society.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of rights, duties, and responsibilities in a democracy.
3. Accept and respect others in a diverse world.