All students on the newspaper staff for The Arrow, or who are interested in writing for the school newspaper, meet today immediately after school in Mrs. Dutton's room (209).
If you are a business and interested in advertising in the 2016 Yearbook, please click HERE for information.
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch
300 dpi minimum
file size 500kp minimum
Click HERE to view Casson-Foster's senior portrait information.
Attention English Honors Students—you are NOT required to write a journal for your HONORS summer reading books. You must however, be prepared for discussion about the books during the semester as they will be embedded in the curriculum.
In addition to the books chosen for the school-wide summer reading program, students enrolled in AP and/or Honor classes for the 2015-2016 school year need to read the following books:
Freshmen Honors: Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens
Sophomore Honors: Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck AND Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Junior Honors: The Awakening, by Kate Chopin AND In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote
Senior Honors: The Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka; AND
Jazz, by Toni Morrison; AND
The Stranger, by Albert Camus
Junior AP Language and Composition class: Twelve Years a Slave, by Solomon Northup
Senior AP Literature and Composition class: The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand
The Leicester High School Community values personal growth and lifelong learning in a safe, healthy, positive, and diverse environment
We prepare students for the future by:
- Challenging all students with a rigorous curriculum.
- Teaching higher-order thinking skills.
- Requiring self-assessment and reflection.
- Employing meaningful assessments.
- Providing varied learning opportunities.
- Promoting good character.
21st Century Learning Expectations
Leicester High School Students will:
- Communicate effectively
- Problem- solve effectively
- Create meaningful products
- Use technology effectively
- Collaborate effectively
- Exercise responsible citizenship
· Web Feature, “What Parents Need to Know About Enterovirus D68”
· Drop-in newsletter article (matte article), “Parents: Learn the Facts about
· Fact sheet for parents, “What Parents Need to Know about Enterovirus D68”
· General questions and answers for the public
· Infographic: Keep Your Child from Getting and Spreading Enterovirus D68
High expectations + rigor =success at many levels.
Congratulations to the following AP Scholars:
Timothy Peltier AP Scholar with Distinction
Kayla Dipilato AP Scholar with Honor
Jessica Coyle AP Scholar
Stephanie La AP Scholar