The Leicester High School Community values personal growth and lifelong learning in a safe, healthy, positive, and diverse environment
We prepare students for the future by:
- Challenging all students with a rigorous curriculum.
- Teaching higher-order thinking skills.
- Requiring self-assessment and reflection.
- Employing meaningful assessments.
- Providing varied learning opportunities.
- Promoting good character.
21st Century Learning Expectations
Leicester High School Students will:
- Communicate effectively
- Problem- solve effectively
- Create meaningful products
- Use technology effectively
- Collaborate effectively
- Exercise responsible citizenship
The final payments for AP exams are due April 10th. All student who are taking AP exams in May need to see your school librarian, Mrs. Grimshaw, as soon as you can. Thank you.
Any freshman who wants to participate in Olympic Foolery should see Mrs. Warnken in the guidance office to sign up. First come first serve. Also, any freshman who wants to be on the decorating committee for Olympic Foolery should see Mrs. Warnken to sign up.
The Freshmen/Sophomore "Welcome to New York" Semi-Formal is this Friday from 7-10pm. Class dues must be paid in order to attend! Tickets may be purchased at lunch for $5 or $7 at the door. Guest forms are available and MUST be returned by noon on Thursday.
DO YOU LIKE LISTENING TO MUSIC? Buy a raffle ticket for only $2 to win a Beats Pill Speaker! Tickets can be bought at lunches and at the dance. You do not have to attend the dance to win!
There will be an AP Science Study Session this Saturday. Please arrive at 7:45 a.m. The mock exams will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
Click HERE to view upcoming Important Senior Dates.
- Turn in all dues and community service hours to Mr. Smith ASAP. Your hours and dues statuses have been updated on Mr. Smith's door;
A pet supply drive is taking place from now until April 16th. Paper bags have been placed in each homeroom to collect the supplies. The homeroom that donates the most will win a DONUT PARTY!! All supplies will be donated to the Second Change Animal Shelter. Any questions please ask Maddie Brennan, Jess Coyle or Kayla DiPilato.
Spring is right around the corner and so is the deadline for the $100 scholarship to travel to London, Paris, Florence and Rome with Mrs. Southwick next April vacation. Please remind anyone who is interested in your 2016 tour to take advantage of this amazing opportunity which ends of March 31st.
Visit the School Activities page or click HERE to read The Arrow, the school newspaper.
Are you in need of a tutor? Do you need help occasionally with some homework? The NHS Academic Support Center (or Tutoring Center) will be open for business in the VHS room across from the library every tutorial except for STOMP days. If you have any questions, please see email Mrs. Duprey at firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are looking for community service opportunities, please check Mr. Smith's door. New opportunities are posted there. Also, follow Mr. Smith on Twitter @LHS_commservice.
Anna Bachman Kiana Besse
Baylee Ford Danielle Hulett
Rachel Lamarche David LeBlanc
Haley Matthews Michelle Piscopo
Brianna Cicero Harold Cocker
Joeseph Dainis Jordan DeGaetano
Olivia Downer Liang Dzindolet
Mariah Frost Jeremy Gaudet
Ashley Granger Erin Granger
Atticus Kane Mary Le
David Mello Shelby Miller
Sarah Moughan Molly Murphy
Anthony Notaro Paul Pepin
Annalise Robidoux Samantha Sealey
Karishma Sewsankar Madison Sherman
· Web Feature, “What Parents Need to Know About Enterovirus D68”
· Drop-in newsletter article (matte article), “Parents: Learn the Facts about
· Fact sheet for parents, “What Parents Need to Know about Enterovirus D68”
· General questions and answers for the public
· Infographic: Keep Your Child from Getting and Spreading Enterovirus D68
High expectations + rigor =success at many levels.
Congratulations to the following AP Scholars:
Timothy Peltier AP Scholar with Distinction
Kayla Dipilato AP Scholar with Honor
Jessica Coyle AP Scholar
Stephanie La AP Scholar